How to update plugin from private marketplace listing?

Stefan Neidig May 11, 2020

I am currently developing a JIRA Cloud Connect App. I created a private listing in the market place and installed it via the Upload URL I got from the private listings tab. Now I had to update the atlassian-connect.json file and therefore had to update the plugin in my JIRA instance as well. Now I get the following error:

The app "......." could not be installed as a local app as it has previously been installed from Atlassian Marketplace.

The link looks like the following: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/files/1.0.2-AC/artifact/descriptor/.........../atlassian-connect.json. This is a market place link and should not be a problem. I also tried to install it via a direct link to the atlassian-connect.json fille, which did not work either (as intended).

What can I do to get around this? I also uninstalled the plugin (since I though this was the problem) and now I cannot install it again. So any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Tom Keidar May 19, 2020

Hi guys @Stefan Neidig @Michael Eskin @MichaelH 

could you find any good solution for this issue? We're experiencing the same problem on a live app which we can't update after deploying a new version so we can't create another app listing.

No response from Atlassian yet... so frustrating

Stefan Neidig May 19, 2020

What I did was the following:

* Create a new file `atlassian-connect.staging.json` and serve it statically 
* Override app key and disable licensing in said staging file (otherwise I was not able to use it, since I did not want to create a listing in the marketplace and therefore was not able to create a token to set lic to active)
* Install the same plugin (essentially the same base url) with a new app key using  atlassian-connect.staging.json

Not sure if it is a suitable way for you to go. For me it worked just fine. The only thing that is not possible anymore is to test licensing behaviour, which is fine for me. Hope this helps.

Like Tom Keidar likes this
Tom Keidar May 19, 2020

thanks for the quick response, unfortunately since our app is already listed we can't solve it this way

Too bad. As far as I know your only hope is Atlassian then. If you find another way tho, please let me know. This workaround is indeed only a workaround. Nothing permanent.

Michael Eskin May 19, 2020

Atlassian replied that you can't reinstall a private listing after uninstalling it and referred me to this article:

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/change-notice-changes-to-installation-of-a-local-app-on-atlassian-cloud-products/31109

Like Stefan Neidig likes this

I also found this article and hoped that this wouldn't be the final answer. But it seems that it actually is :/

0 votes
Michael Eskin May 11, 2020

I'm having exactly the same problem today.  Been updating private listings for weeks with no issues and today getting the same message as you did.

Stefan Neidig May 12, 2020

Interestingly I have an actual testinstance, where I installed my plugin the same way without any issues. Also upgraded my plugin, uninstalled it - you name it. Can't get my head around this. I did a workaround, where I created a file called `atlassian-connect.staging.json` where I set the baseUrl to my staging Server. This works. Unfortunately I hat to disable licensing and therefore I cannot test this anymore. Fortunately this was tested long ago. I hope this is a way for you too.

MichaelH May 12, 2020

I finally had to just give up on this development instance plug-in private key and create a new plugin with the same manifest but a different plug-in key.  Still waiting to hear back from the Atlassian Marketplace support group.

Stefan Neidig May 12, 2020

Were you able to create another private listing in the market place with this approach? I recall that I got an error stating that the server url is being used by another plugin (or some kind of that). So changing the application key was not sufficient. I also had to change the server url (which was not doable, since it was a domain I just bought for this plugin).

Michael Eskin May 13, 2020

Yes, new plugin key with same server URL worked for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events