It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to setup generic user in JIRA

Dear Experts,

We have created a bi-directional integration b/w JIRA Service Desk and ServiceNow. To do so, we have used my user as an integration user. While integration is working fine but we are planning to Go-Live on PRODUCTION. Hence there i do not want to use my user as all the tickets from ServiceNow will be created by my name. Instead of that we want to use a generic integration user. 

However, i could not able to figure out how to create such user. In JIRA they only way to create user is via mail ID. I tried to use our Team DL, but it seems JIRA does not allow to use DL a mail ID.

Can someone please suggest how can we create a generic user, which can point to our team DL and hence can be used in the integration?

Thanks

Rinju Mukherjee

BXBD

1 comment

How does your JIRA and ServiceNow authenticate users ?

Don't you use some kind of a user directory - say Azure AD or a normal LDAP AD ?

I'm sure the organization must have one common user directory services.

Like Alexander_Cashen likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Embed private Figma files in Jira and Trello

Figma is a design platform for teams who build products together. Born on the Web, Figma helps the entire product team create, test, and ship better designs, faster.  We believe design is mos...

78 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you