Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to setup generic user in JIRA

Dear Experts,

We have created a bi-directional integration b/w JIRA Service Desk and ServiceNow. To do so, we have used my user as an integration user. While integration is working fine but we are planning to Go-Live on PRODUCTION. Hence there i do not want to use my user as all the tickets from ServiceNow will be created by my name. Instead of that we want to use a generic integration user. 

However, i could not able to figure out how to create such user. In JIRA they only way to create user is via mail ID. I tried to use our Team DL, but it seems JIRA does not allow to use DL a mail ID.

Can someone please suggest how can we create a generic user, which can point to our team DL and hence can be used in the integration?

Thanks

Rinju Mukherjee

BXBD

1 comment

How does your JIRA and ServiceNow authenticate users ?

Don't you use some kind of a user directory - say Azure AD or a normal LDAP AD ?

I'm sure the organization must have one common user directory services.

Like Alexander Cashen likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Apps for Confluence you won't want to miss: RSVP for September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators and Confluence users! Our Appy Hours event on September 29th features 4 presenters demoing functionality to superpower Confluence. Don't miss learning about these apps i...

121 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian Community Events