How to search in answers.atlassian.com?

Nariman Riahi October 10, 2011

First thing that bugs me really a lot: There is no information on this site as to whom to send this type of requests to. As if this tool itself does not need support and is perfect.

How would I get search results in answers.atlassian.com?

I see the page aith "All Questions" listed. I type "Jira email frequency" (for example) in the "Search Answers..." field and click the magnifying glass. The page draws and the same results show as before. Nothing changes.

What's up with that?

Am I missing something? There is nothing about this in FAQ.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2011

Searching isn't working all that well - the 'AND' implementation Jo-Anne describes isn't smart. We're actively working on this as the #2 priority (#1 right now is spam mitigation). The parent issue for improving search is ANSWERS-87.

As for the page just redrawing without search results, I'll follow up in ANSWERS-260.

Nariman Riahi October 11, 2011

I filed a bug with Atlassian and is looks like they just have been made aware of this issue. I think there will be a fix in the works.

Thomas Burkhart October 13, 2011

ANSWERS-260 is not accessible. What ca we do as work arround?

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

You can create requests at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS.

The search is absolute pants, the best bet is to search with google using "site:answers.atlassian.com your query", however this is dependent on google properly indexing it. See the jira project for that particular bug and its status.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2011

First thing that bugs me really a lot: There is no information on this site as to whom to send this type of requests to. As if this tool itself does not need support and is perfect.

In the FAQ there's a section on 'what do I do if I find a bug in Answers', but it is indeed a bit hidden and you're not the first person to report this. We're going to add links in the footer as well - see ANSWERS-235.

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

I think that one of the reasons why you are not seeing a difference in your search, is because answers matches on all of your search fields. so its matching on "JIRA" and "email" and "frequency". the word JIRA is in pretty much everything. Try a search like: "email frequency" or a search like "email" AND "frequency". You may get better results.

Hope this helps a bit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events