How to hide automation from issue-pane?

Samuel Algisi December 5, 2018

I haven't found any setting to disable automation on the issue pane for certain project.

image.png

22 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2018

Hi Samuel,

There isn't currently anyway to hide this panel. We use this panel to provide some functionality to the view issue page including notifying users when an issue has been updated though Automation.

We are tracking this feature request at https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-385 but I can't make any promises when or even if we will get to this.

Cheers,
Nick [Automation for Jira]
Co-founder

negin March 30, 2020

I am also searching for an option to hide and disable this automation field from my project. Please let us know if there is any work around to hide this?

Thank you .

Like # people like this
Patrik.Sebek June 24, 2020

we will be also happy to have some option to disable this field

Like # people like this
Stine Føns Nielsen September 30, 2020

@Nick Menere @Nick Menere [Atlassian] 

How far are you guys with this? An update would be much appreciated. Having no automation this field is very confusing! 

/Stine

Like # people like this
Ralf Vastag December 2, 2020

I also would like to remove the "Automation" field, as well as the "Git Integration" field. 

Like # people like this
Erik Boneschansker April 9, 2021

any news on this? its... 2021, and the question was made in 2018 and i see a official topic on your backlog that you are thinking about this... why just not make us "not display" this item.. ?

knedlik January 4, 2022

2022. There is still no way how to do this Attlasian? 🥴

Like # people like this
Fabianna Molinares March 18, 2022

When will we be able to do this? 

Kasia Allen March 24, 2022

It cannot be that hard to make this be something we can hide... A request going back to 2018, still no answer in 2022? 

Matt Woodruff April 21, 2022

I would also like to hide this field and the branch field. They server no purpose to my workflow.

Like # people like this
Phil June 20, 2022

We would also like to hide this field.

Henry Chad Apale November 8, 2022

Please implement hiding this field. As my instance get more plugins, I'd like to decide which of these get to be hidden for the issue view, including the Automation option. 

9 votes
Chris Shaffer May 12, 2020

How about you at least let us move it so we can prioritize the items we actually want to see?

6 votes
Mauro Miatello October 25, 2020

+1 for hiding/removing

5 votes
Iain McCarthy January 27, 2021

+1 for being able to control the visibility of this feature. Controlling noise in Jira is a constant struggle. Thanks!

5 votes
Deleted user September 3, 2020

+1 - Every day users don't need to see this field

4 votes
DmytroArtemenko June 16, 2021

+1 for hiding/removing

2 votes
Alexander Wahl May 7, 2021

Would be great to move this field at least in the hidden area.

Screenshot at May 07 13-39-25.png

1 vote
Sune Jørgensen January 14, 2021

Please remove this is totally unwanted, unneeded and unnecessary noise.

1 vote
Justin Berneburg August 19, 2020

I also need the ability to either hide or move this field within the panel. That goes for other integration's we use as well.

1 vote
KarstenK June 24, 2020

Simple: Atlassian sells this feature as part of the Premium Plan. So they want as many people as possible to see this feature to increase interest and sales. 

1 vote
aantykov June 22, 2020

Just hide it by default.
A common user doesn't need this stuff at all.

Sarah Noor June 22, 2020

@aantykov hide by default as in?

Raphi Levine June 22, 2020

@aantykov I guess this post is asking how do you just hide it?

Also, for some users it may be helpful (i.e. the bitbucket plugin shows PR and commits.  this is valuable to a tech team, but not to any other user)

aantykov June 23, 2020

Not only developers are using JIRA. )) I don't need this stuff. 80% of my team doesn't need this stuff. JIRA is a highly customizable tool, so what a problem to add one more option? )

1 vote
Ken Pemberton June 19, 2020

+1 for this feature. The field holds no value to any of my users, and insists on sitting in prime screen real-estate, irritating everyone and occasionally sparking discussions/arguments about automation based on the false assumption that we have no automation!

1 vote
Lars Aalberts June 3, 2020

Same here

1 vote
Alex Romano June 1, 2020

I agree, and this applies to certain integrations I can't seem to remove from screens as well.

1 vote
Raphi Levine May 27, 2020

Same here, not only don't I want to see it as it is not useful to me, I definitely don't want my users to see it.

I would love to see the ability of being able to optionally hide it.

1 vote
Kyle Patterson May 18, 2020

Would be great to have option to hide this as I and my teams never use it and don't have a reason to be able to see it. 

0 votes
Deepanshu Kumar July 29, 2021

+1 for  hiding or remove this feature

0 votes
Robin Palotai June 2, 2021

Stylus CSS script to hide the automation/zendesk/whatever parts:

div[data-test-id="issue.views.issue-base.context.ecosystem-glance-panel"] {
color: red !important;
display: none;
}

div[data-test-id="issue.views.issue-base.context.context-items"] div {
margin-bottom: 0px;
}

Enable on "atlassian.net" urls. Ask Atlassian to assign meaningful ids to all elements, so people can mod them at will. Be happy. 

RKR84 June 30, 2021

+1 for hiding/removing

Like Chris Shaffer likes this
Deepanshu Kumar July 29, 2021

Hello  @Robin Palotai ,  we are uisng JIRA Clod, can you suggest how to apply this css to hide the fields in issue layout?

0 votes
mps May 4, 2021

+1 for hiding/removing

0 votes
Johan Tol April 8, 2021

+1 for hiding/removing

0 votes
Eladio Rincón Herrera February 12, 2021

Same here with automation, bigPicture, and BigTemplate.

there are cases where nonneeded options should be hiden.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2021

Hi @Eladio Rincón Herrera

You can hide the BigPicture widgets. Please got to BigPicture Technical Configuration >> Widgets >> and disable  WBS Widget/Skill Widget. 

Similar action can be done for BigTemplate. Please go to BigTrmplate Technical Configuration disable all templates. Once it's done, BigTemplate widget won't show more on an issue page.

Like Eladio Rincón Herrera likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events