Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to hide automation from issue-pane?

I haven't found any setting to disable automation on the issue pane for certain project.

image.png

22 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Samuel,

There isn't currently anyway to hide this panel. We use this panel to provide some functionality to the view issue page including notifying users when an issue has been updated though Automation.

We are tracking this feature request at https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-385 but I can't make any promises when or even if we will get to this.

Cheers,
Nick [Automation for Jira]
Co-founder

I am also searching for an option to hide and disable this automation field from my project. Please let us know if there is any work around to hide this?

Thank you .

Like Carson Price likes this

we will be also happy to have some option to disable this field

Like Carson Price likes this

@Nick Menere @Nick Menere [Atlassian] 

How far are you guys with this? An update would be much appreciated. Having no automation this field is very confusing! 

/Stine

Like # people like this

I also would like to remove the "Automation" field, as well as the "Git Integration" field. 

Like # people like this

any news on this? its... 2021, and the question was made in 2018 and i see a official topic on your backlog that you are thinking about this... why just not make us "not display" this item.. ?

How about you at least let us move it so we can prioritize the items we actually want to see?

+1 for being able to control the visibility of this feature. Controlling noise in Jira is a constant struggle. Thanks!

3 votes
Deleted user Sep 03, 2020

+1 - Every day users don't need to see this field

+1 for hiding/removing

+1 for hiding/removing

Would be great to move this field at least in the hidden area.

Screenshot at May 07 13-39-25.png

Just hide it by default.
A common user doesn't need this stuff at all.

@aantykov hide by default as in?

@aantykov I guess this post is asking how do you just hide it?

Also, for some users it may be helpful (i.e. the bitbucket plugin shows PR and commits.  this is valuable to a tech team, but not to any other user)

Not only developers are using JIRA. )) I don't need this stuff. 80% of my team doesn't need this stuff. JIRA is a highly customizable tool, so what a problem to add one more option? )

Same here, not only don't I want to see it as it is not useful to me, I definitely don't want my users to see it.

I would love to see the ability of being able to optionally hide it.

Would be great to have option to hide this as I and my teams never use it and don't have a reason to be able to see it. 

+1 for  hiding or remove this feature

Stylus CSS script to hide the automation/zendesk/whatever parts:

div[data-test-id="issue.views.issue-base.context.ecosystem-glance-panel"] {
color: red !important;
display: none;
}

div[data-test-id="issue.views.issue-base.context.context-items"] div {
margin-bottom: 0px;
}

Enable on "atlassian.net" urls. Ask Atlassian to assign meaningful ids to all elements, so people can mod them at will. Be happy. 

+1 for hiding/removing

Like Chris Shaffer likes this

Hello  @Robin Palotai ,  we are uisng JIRA Clod, can you suggest how to apply this css to hide the fields in issue layout?

+1 for hiding/removing

+1 for hiding/removing

Same here with automation, bigPicture, and BigTemplate.

there are cases where nonneeded options should be hiden.

Hi @Eladio Rincón Herrera

You can hide the BigPicture widgets. Please got to BigPicture Technical Configuration >> Widgets >> and disable  WBS Widget/Skill Widget. 

Similar action can be done for BigTemplate. Please go to BigTrmplate Technical Configuration disable all templates. Once it's done, BigTemplate widget won't show more on an issue page.

Like Eladio Rincón Herrera likes this

Please remove this is totally unwanted, unneeded and unnecessary noise.

I also need the ability to either hide or move this field within the panel. That goes for other integration's we use as well.

Simple: Atlassian sells this feature as part of the Premium Plan. So they want as many people as possible to see this feature to increase interest and sales. 

+1 for this feature. The field holds no value to any of my users, and insists on sitting in prime screen real-estate, irritating everyone and occasionally sparking discussions/arguments about automation based on the false assumption that we have no automation!

Same here

I agree, and this applies to certain integrations I can't seem to remove from screens as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

312 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you