How to export Gliffy drawing to Word document in R4J?

Martin Bouchard April 8, 2022

I am evaluating R4J and Gliffy integration. I am embedding a Gliffy drawing into a system requirement in R4J, then I try to export the requirement to a Word document with the Gliffy diagram. However, I can't find a way to have the diagram showing in Word. I have tried to put the link to the drawing within the issues description, but only the text for the link shows up. 

1 answer

0 votes
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

Hi Martin!

I'm not very familiar with R4J, so I'm not certain if this workaround will help. For the purpose of exporting your R4J document to Word, would it be more appropriate to use an exported version of the diagram added as an image, rather than an embedded diagram? 

Gliffy itself doesn't offer the capability to export to a word doc, so I'm not sure if that's part of the issue.

For additional help, I recommend reaching out to our team at support@gliffy.com. :) 

Martin Bouchard April 8, 2022

Thanks Samie.

This is what I am doing now to work around the issue. I still have the Gliffy source in the Jira Issue, but copy&paste a PNG snapshot into the issue. This allows the R4J export to Word to properly render the Gliffy image.

However, I need to generate a new PNG snapshot and replace it into the issue everytime I change the Gliffy source. It would be much better if R4J could include the Gliffy image directly when it perform the export to Word.

The issue is likely on R4J side, likely a missing feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events