How to delete test case from XRay

Martina Fedakova April 11, 2023

Hi,

Could somebody help me how to delete test case from XRay test repository? I have role project Lead but unfortunately not rights or possibility to delete created test case. When I click with right  mouse taste I have no delete option.

Thank you

Regards

Martina

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Martina Fedakova 

Welcome to the Community!

You must have the delete issue permission in the related project to be able to properly delete them under project settings > Permissions. These would be the steps to check if you have the permission and properly delete it:

- Navigate to the project related to the test cases > Project settings > Permissions

- Check if you are added to any of the groups/roles added with the delete issue permission, optionally using the permission helper at the top-right corner of the page.

Hope it will help you!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Martina Fedakova April 13, 2023

thank you for your help, I have now the Delete Permission.

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@Martina Fedakova Glad to know :) . Kindly mark the answer as accepted in order to help others in the community with the same question. Thank you!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Ilan COHEN September 22, 2023

I disagree, be carefull.
The ability to delete issues is not the same permission that removing test case in X-ray.
If you add the delete issue permission to the user, he will be able to delete any issue.
Regards.

Sonika Sharma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2023

I have site admin permissions but I can not see the delete option. Please guide @Sushant Verma 

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2023

@Sonika Sharma If you are a site admin, it does not mean that you can delete any issue in Jira. You need to have the Delete Issues permission in the project permission scheme either directly or via a group or a role.

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events