How to create an advanced search on edart.motorola.com?

Julian Pittelli October 18, 2011

I want create an advanced search on edart.motorola.com and I couldn't find the option but in idart.motorola.com I could find the option.

Could you help me?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2011

Julian,

I have a feeling edart.motorola.com "is not the Advanced Search (droid) you're looking for..."

Anyway, I can't login to that site and it doesn't appear that idart.motorola.com is a valid URL. Visiting that page I get a server not found error. Is idart.motorola.com behind the firewall?

To take a stab at your question, I noticed the edart.motorola.com site you referenced actually is running JIRA 3.13.2, which contains an 'Advanced' search, but it's not the same advanced search or JQL used in later and more recent versions of JIRA.

Support for additional logical operators (AND/OR), searching JIRA's change history, etc. are all unique to JIRA 4.0+. That is, none of this functionality around advanced search is possible in JIRA 3.13.2 and likely why you don't see what you're calling 'Advanced Search'. It's there, it's just not the same as what you're looking to do.

If my theory holds true, you would need to upgrade edart.motorola.com to JIRA 4.4.x to be able to use JIRA's advanced search (JQL).

Julian Pittelli October 18, 2011

Thanks for your support. The correct link for iDart is http://idart.mot.com

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2011

Hi Julian,

Sorry, but idart.mot.com doesn't load either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events