How to change the color of gantt chart items based on column values

Krishna Chaitanya April 6, 2023

I built a Gantt chart from a table using "Chart from Table" Macro. I have a column in the table "Status" which gives the status of each project. I'm trying to make the color of project items in the Gantt chart based on this status. For example, all completed as green, all in progress as blue etc. 

I tried using "Colors in table columns" and selected the column "Status" but that is giving me each project in different colors. 

I am sure I am missing something simple here and any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @Krishna Chaitanya 

Did you take a look at the official documentation for the chart macro?

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-chart-macro/#Gantt-Chart

4 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Krishna Chaitanya,

The Chart from Table macro allows you to choose from three color schemes within its Gantt chart:

1. Single color: the same colors for all the projects and to do/done items within different projects.

Fri 2-1.png

2. Multicolor: you can manually define colors for each project and to do/done items within different projects separately.

Fri 2-2.png

3. Colors in table columns: the colors are taken automatically from the additional manually created columns with colors in your source table.

Fri 2-3.png

Seems that smth is messed up here as you mention that you use only one column to get colors from. Please check the settings or use alternative color schemes.
And you can read about the colors of the Gantt chart here (please navigate to the “Set colors” section).

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2023

@Krishna Chaitanya, notice that you can add a column with color names based on your statuses with the help of SQL query like this via Table Transformer and then just hide it with Table Filter:

SELECT *,
CASE WHEN T1.'Status'="Done" THEN "green"
WHEN T1.'Status'="In Progress" THEN "blue"
WHEN T1.'Status'="To Do" THEN "grey"
ELSE T1.'Status'
END
AS 'Status color'
FROM T*

2023-04-07_22h43_29.png2023-04-07_22h42_03.png2023-04-07_22h42_13.png2023-04-07_22h42_22.png2023-04-07_22h42_58.png2023-04-07_22h42_35.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events