How to change incorrect URL in Application Navigator

Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

The self referencing URL in the Application Navigator in Stash 2.6.3 has the wrong URL (not our base URL) and it is not editable. Restarting doesn't fix it and hiding it is not an option because the incorrect URL is still attached to the stash icon. Other than a database change is there a way to fix this? What is the behavior of the Application Navigator to set the self referencing URL?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hi Christopher,

Apologies, but this looks like a known bug in 2.6:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3687

You may want to follow that issue for more updates.

Charles

Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

I noticed that issue. What is the application URL? Where/how is it set? We have the base url, proxy names etc set so I'm not sure where Stash is getting the incorrect URL other than its one of the cnames of the server.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay. Just wanted to check a few things. I think I might have been a little distracted by your mention of Application Navigation; this might be something else.

For the logo we get the URL from the incoming request Host HTTP header, which is often provided by a configured proxy. In some cases we've seen proxies been configured incorrectly and passing the wrong host. In other cases the proxy wasn't configured correctly in Tomcat.

Does that make sense and does it help fix the URL?

Cheers,

Charles

Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Thanks - that makes perfect sense. I suspect there's another level or proxy above me or I didn't dig deep enough into the config. I'm sure that's the problem. Thanks a bunch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events