How to add TestRail Results to Jira

Ingridd Brito May 26, 2020

Hi all,

I successfully linked TestRail to Jira. At least, when I clicked on the defect number in TestRail I am redirected to its page in Jira. But I can not add the defect already created through the add button in TestRail. When I click on the Add button, the Jira project is displayed with all the fields to create a bug.  

Also, on the page of the bug in Jira, I can't see the TestRail Results like in the picture below. I am not the Jira admin. 

TestRailResults.png

I would like to know, what I need to do to see the TestRail results in Jira. Just the admin can do this? In this case, he needs to take further action, or it just easily adds a section?

3 answers

0 votes
Cyrus Mobarekeh August 24, 2023

If you already created a ticket in Jira you need to put the ticket number for a failure, it goes in the defects field when entering results in Testrail.  If you are trying to reference a ticket when creating a test case there is a reference field in Testrail that you can enter the ticket number and will then appear there as well. 

0 votes
Alexandra Tsvetkova June 15, 2021

Hi Ingridd, Have you figured that out? May be the comment in this discussion could be helpful

0 votes
robert.boily January 19, 2021

It sounds to me like the integration is set up on the TestRail side, but not on the JIRA side. You'd need to have your JIRA admin add the TestRail app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events