How set Resolutions:Unreselved When user ReOpen a ticket

VenugopalY January 19, 2013

We have a scenario. for a ticket support person has provided a resolution like Resolutions: Resolved. But user is not happy with the ticket and he reopened ticket by clicking Re-Open status button. Here ticket Resolutions shows Resolved, we need this to Unresolved. We make Resolved status purposefully to use at Resolved status. Please let me know how to achieve this state. Find the screen shot for details and let me know if any additional information required.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

Good and easy way to achieve this is using workflow properties

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013
You need to edit the postfunctions for the "reopen" transition in your workflow. Usually the resolution field is beeing cleared when the issue gets reopened. So i assume you created a new flow but you forgot to add this postfunction.

Hi Faysal,

Can you please give me procedural steps to configure postfunction. Screen shots will help.

Thanks

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2013
Hi. Open administration. Go to workflows and edit the one that is assigned to your project. A draft will be created. I prefer text mode. Now choose your transition. Open the "postfunctions" tab Add new one "update field" Next step will ask you which field. Choose resolution. Leave the value empty. Save that workflow and publish it

Hi Faysal,

Thanks for your help. It works now.

Hi Faysal,

Thanks for your HELP. I need one me favour from you. Please advise.

Here is my requirement. For a project. I have created a custom field(Type=Select List) and Values are CADENCE, SYSOPSYS, EDA, etc…

At the time of ticket creation, When user select CADENCE value, Ticket should assign to Primary owner(user1) and inform group(group1) like that

When user select SYSOPSYS value, Ticket should assign to Primary owner(user2) and inform group(group2)

When user select EDA value, Ticket should assign to Primary owner(user3) and inform group(group3)

To Achieve this purpose. We added some tool names as components and respective component lead as below

Component Component Lead

CADENCE user1

SYNOPSYS user2

EDA user3

Here two options worrying us.

1. JIRA system is allowing only one user to add as component lead. No second user list or group.(Like Queue members)?

2. User should select only one component at the time of ticket creation? So that ticket get assigned to support persons. For particular Value(Tasks)

This is basically a Assignment Matrix. Based on custom filed value ticket should assign to Primary owner(User1) and Secondary Owner2(User2). This way we can achieve properly. In case primary owner is not available secondary owner or Group members will assign this ticket to appropriate available support persons.

Please let me know how to achieve this

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013
Hmm not sure but maybe in your case 3 seperate issue-types are a good start. Define a workflow for each of the 3 issuetypes where you set different conditions and postfunctions. Work with groups/roles in your project. Depending on who is responsible set the assignable users role based. In your case 3 roles could be cadence sypnosis and eda. Put relevant groups/users in there. Second idea would be the behaviours plugin. Any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events