How do I set an automation to transition parent issue only when all sub-tasks are transitioned?

Jeffry Mendez Rosario February 23, 2022

The idea is preventing a parent issue transitioning to Done unless all of the sub-tasks are Done as well.

1 answer

1 vote
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

@Jeffry Mendez Rosario , You can use the Sub-task Blocking Condition on the workflow transition to done for the parent issue.

2022-02-23_15-52-55.png

This is built-in and there is no need for any additional apps.

-pjd

Jeffry Mendez Rosario February 25, 2022

I've tried that but I do not how or can't find it, whenever I go to the workflow and try to edit a transition all I get are this rules and none would do what I need:

jira1.pngjira2.png

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

It looks like you are using a team managed project. In order to get the more advanced workflow options, you will need to use a company managed project. here is an article that explains how to move from one to the other:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

-pjd

Jeffry Mendez Rosario March 4, 2022

Thank you very much! That worked.

Like Peter DeWitt likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events