How do I create a Story when a Epic is created by automation

Alex_Rhys_Evans April 17, 2020

I have a Automation rule that Clones a Ticket from one project to another as a Epic. I then want it to clone all the details in that epic into a story within the same project, and i want that story linked to the same epic.

However, if i try to add a second action for cloning the epic to a story within the same project (after the clone to epic action), the issue type selector still thinks i am in the original project, and the drop down wont give me access to the ticket type that i need within the target project.

Can anyone help?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

Hi Alex - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you provide a screenshot of the rule you have so far?

Hi John, and thanks for your quick response.

I attach screenshots of the two areas Actions in question. Im aware that this maybe not the right way of doing what i need, but im happy to suggestions as to the best way to meet the ask!

The problem is in the second screenshot - I cant select the Issue Types available to the target Project (Story) - even though it is definately selected correctly in the project Field.

thanks.

tempsnip1.png.jpgtempsnip2.png.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

After you created the first Clone issue, I would put in a Branch Rule component that uses the most recently created issue. Then clone THAT one in the next step. 

Like Alex_Rhys_Evans likes this

Thanks - i think i followed what you said but i still only get the option to select issue types from the original project.

tempsnip3.png.jpg

Not to worry, I had to select Multiple Projects under the scope for the Branch screen - so now have it working thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2020

Great - glad it is working for you!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events