How do I clean the cheklist if an issue is reopened?

Joana Rocha December 9, 2022

We have made the checklist mandatory when moving an issue before acceptance. However, some of those issues are reopened (move back to in progress) but the checklist is already completed. 

I am trying to clear its checks so when it goes to acceptance again, the developers need to check it again. I have tried with an automation, but I am missing some info. 

Automation I have tried: 

When Issue is transitioned to "Needs Work"

Then: Edit issue fields Checklist Progress - "name of checklist" and then is says "this field will be cleared"

But I believe I'm missing some action here. Does anyone has any suggestions? Should I create a new variable? But also I couldnt find it in the documentation. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Joana Rocha

It would help if you specified what is your hosting type - Checklist for Jira has Server, DC, and Cloud versions, and each of those works differently to some extent.

With this piece of information, I should be able to help or get you help.

Joana Rocha December 9, 2022

Hi. It's Jira Cloud

Thank you!

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2022

Okay, so the thing is that Checklist Progress Custom field does not have the capability to influence the checklist itself - it just reports what's the status. It can be used to trigger an automation (transition when checklist is completed) or validation (don't transition unless the checklist is completed), but it cannot be used to actually change anything on the checklist itself.

To achieve what you want, you would need to use our main Checklist product - Issue Checklist for Jira. Pro (or Free).

Since you already paid for Checklist for Jira Cloud, please reach out to our support team  for assistance - we will very likely make it work for you. 

In the ticket, please provide your SEN - it will make it all even smoother.

Cheers!

Joana Rocha December 12, 2022

I will do that, and thank you for your answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events