How can you Improve Greenhopper Performance?

Matt Robbins September 26, 2011

We are having some problems with the performance of Greenhopper. We have a project with 4000 issues. Whenever we go to the planning board it takes several minutes to come up. We are working on the suggestions that are given here at this link: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH041/GreenHopper+FAQ#GreenHopperFAQ-HowcanIimprovetheperformanceofGreenHopper

Has anyone faced this same problem? If so what did you do to fix the problem?

Thanks

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2011

Seeing as you're using Orable, applying a composite index as per this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-1398 made massive differences for our installation.

Thanks Jamie this is a great suggestion. We are looking into this.

Matt Robbins October 11, 2011

We built the composite index and that made a big difference. From what we could tell the memory wasn't really the issue at least the stats. But we are looking at doing this as well.

Thanks everyone for you help.

Matt

0 votes
Kenn White August 21, 2012

If you're in Windows, you may have readjusted your on-screen size at some point using Control+Mouse Wheel. For whatever reason, the planning board slows down DRAMATICALLY if you're not in the native font size. Hold Control+Mouse Wheel to default the screen presentation size and see if that doesn't fix it. It worked for me - instantly.

This is 100% reproducable, by the way. Try it yourself.

0 votes
Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2011

I would start by throwing RAM at the problem... (assuming you have RAM to spare)

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xms4G -Xmx4G

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2011

The physical RAM isn't a huge worry, it's the RAM in use Jon was asking about. You can see that on the Administration -> System info screen.

0 votes
Matt Robbins September 27, 2011

Yah we watched that as I was making the request and there wasn't really any impact. We also checked the cpu. Everything looked fine for both of those. However at the end of the day the memory, when we looked, was using every bit we had. So we are monitoring this as well to see if we need to increase it.

0 votes
Matt Robbins September 27, 2011

I am working on trying to find out how much ram we are using. We are running the server on a VM. We have about 30 project not all active. Probably around 25 active with variablility on how actively used. If I were to guess on the number of total issues across all project I would say close to 40k.

The project I am working on where we are seeing the slowness has around 6000 issues with around 2000 resolve/closed.

0 votes
Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2011

How much RAM? Also... how many issues do you have in the entire installation... and how many projects (ballpark, exact numbers arent needed)

0 votes

It is Oracle 11g. We have looked at the memory and cpu when I hit the process and that doesn't seem to be the problem.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2011

what database?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events