Getting error if I make the fields required

Garden16_ April 26, 2022

I have two fields in my Defect configuration that I have made mandatory  

1: Rejection status  2: Defect Closed Date 

The Reject status field is used by  Reject screen which is a separate transition  screen in the work flow.  The Defect Closed date is Used by  Closed Defect screen which is a separate transition screen in the work flow. How ever when I enter data on the new defect screen , create new defect screen I get and error that  Rejection status is required and Defect Closed Date is required. However these two fields are not is the Create a New defect screen.

In the Defect  configuration that's associated with the Bug issue type and I have made Rejection status & Defect Closed Date fields as required . Rest of the issue types follow the default configuration. And I have not made these fields mandatory in the default configuration .The project has only one Felid configuration scheme and it contains  default configuration and Defect configuration  . 

I do not know why I am getting the error  indicating that  Rejection status and Defect Closed Date  is required error on the Create Defect screen although that screen does not even have those felids. 

Any advice is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

When you look at the screen definitions, you'll notice that there are no options for making fields mandatory on them.

This is because the mandatory flag is not associated with screens, it is done on the issue type.

The reason you are getting "this field is mandatory"  and can't make your changes when you create or update an issue is because you have mandatory.  It doesn't matter if it is on screen or not.

You will either need to put the fields on the screens so people can enter them, or change the field configurations for the issue types, making the fields optional.

Garden16_ April 27, 2022

You will either need to put the fields on the screens so people can enter them, or change the field configurations for the issue types, making the fields optional.

I did the same that is mentioned here .

For bug issue type  that uses Defect  field configuration -  I made both fields mandatory, while for all other issue types that uses Default field configuration , I made these two fields  optional 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events