Generate pages that use tabbed Zen sections possible via BluePrints/programmaticaly?

Dennis De Smedt September 11, 2013

Hello,

I'm evaluating Zen foundation as GUI-tool for our Confluence instance and it's looking good based on the experiments I've done up till now.

Part of our confluence pages will however be generated via a custom Blueprint. My question is if we can also programmaticaly generate pages that use zen sections (and preferrably in tabs)?

I'm using latest Zen Foundation and Confluence.

Thanks for your help,

Dennis

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hi Dennis,

This is a known limitation (and an open issue), and unfortunately we don't have a workaround (aside from the obvious one of not putting scaffolding tables in a tabbed section. Sorry!

0 votes
Dennis De Smedt September 12, 2013

Hello Darryl,

ok, I assumed.

Last question: is this open issue perhaps already planned in to be supported in an upcoming release? Or can I vote (or something like that) to be included ;)

Hopefully this will get soon supported!

Anyway, I think I have seen enough to justify to buy Zen Foundation as addon for our Confluence.

Thanks for the appreciated support!

Dennis

0 votes
Dennis De Smedt September 12, 2013

Hello Darryl,

Thank you for the tip! I'll give it to our Blueprint writer and await the outcome.

Going further for validation, I've adapted an existing by our Blueprint generated page and introduced tabbed sections (great functionality) and I bumped into a problem with the scaffolding-based content on that page then:

If I put the page content into a regular Zen-section, I can adapt the Scaffolding content (tables) via the "Edit contents"-button in the toolbar. However, when I configure this section to be a tab, I can no longer edit the content (scaffolding content/edit GUI is not shown).

Is this a known limitation or rather an issue? Is there a workaround?

Thanks for your feedback,

Dennis

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Hi Dennis,

Glad things are going well! You can use Zen to design a regular page, and then copy/paste the content from that page to the blueprint (or template) editor.

The trick is to use the "Edit Entire Page" link in the toolbar's Page menu . . . this will show you the zen-sections and other tidbits Zen uses. (Normally this panel is only used for this kind of special handling, it's not intended for general editing because there are rules about the zen-sections that Zen manages for you. The main one is that each section must have a unique id on that page.)

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events