Fix version field validation

Sneha Gole August 11, 2021

i need help to solve this ,

-when Fix versions/s field is edited  it should select values which belongs to circle ones ..see in below  picture

-if the option which contains " . " ex(2.1.5.0) is selected give error message "cant assign this fix version"  .

Thanks 

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

You'll need to fix whatever it is that is checking for the . in the name and remove it so that you can add the valid versions.  Jira doesn't do this natively, so it looks like you have a broken Behaviour (as you mention that)

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2021

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

It's a pleasure read you again! I hope you are doing well.

We want to do this using Behaviours of Scriprunner.

Can be?

Best regards!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2021

Hi Juan,

I am sorry, I am confused.  I think I have misunderstood the original question.

Could you help me out by describing what you are trying to achieve directly?  Instead of "this is not doing what we want" (which I have struggled with), maybe describe what should happen?

For example (and this is my next guess on what I am not understanding): In your screenshot, there is a list of possible versions to select from.  You would like to remove items from that list so they cannot be selected (even though they are valid)

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2021

Hi, 

Yes, I think is not easy to explain because we implemented complex scenario but, the only that we need by the moment is avoid the possibility of set an specific version.

It means.

We have a project with version A, B, C.

The first condition that we want to acomplished is that "for the issue X" the version B can never be selected.

Is this possible with behaviours? 

Sorry for inconveniences.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2021

Yes, shortening the list of versions can be done with Behaviours - this is the baseline script I usually start from when I am looking to do it: https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/set-behaviour-multi-and-single-select-options-and-value

However, I'm no Behaviours wizard, I don't know if you can do a condition of "for issue X" (although that does depend on how you want to make the decision - could it be based on the issue type as an easy example?  Something like "Can't select version 12345 for bugs")

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2021

mmm...

The decision is going to be selected by some "customField of the issue" so I think can be done but...the problem is other now I think so.

Maybe we can implement this solution to reduce the list of options in the issue view screen. That's good! is a good solution in this case. Thanks! actually we did in the past.

Why this is not a good solution for us now...We need that this condition works in Agile board...

It means that, when the user drop the issue to the "incorrect version" the issue fix version shouldn't be modified. If is empty remain empty, if has a value keep the previous value.

Make sense? :)

I think in this case, the solution will be doing in a listener, when the issue is trying to set the version B for the issue X, "do nothing", isn't it?

Thanks a lot for this conversation, has been very productive!

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events