Error with /jira create - can't create new ticket in Jira via Slack

Deleted user August 13, 2021

Our goal is to create new tickets in Jira from incoming Slack messages of our clients but have problems to get this working.

We successfully managed to integrate Slack with Jira Cloud following this support document. For testing purposes we set up a clean project in Jira named "Slack" and a dedicated Slack channel named #jira-test and connected both as outlined in section "Connect a Slack Channel to a Jira Project" of the support document. We received a success message in #jira-test. We created a new bug issue in our project and again received a message the ticket was created. So everything seemed to be set up fine.

However, whenever we try to create a new ticket from within Slack with /jira create an error message pops up saying "connecting issues is deactivated" (pls see screenshot in German). So far we have been unable to solve this or even find out the reason for this error.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

jira-error.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Lisa Grau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

Hi Christoph, welcome to the Atlassian community!

Is issue linking turned on in your Jira Cloud instance?

You can check this setting in Vorgänge > Verknüpfen von Vorgängen.

Deleted user August 13, 2021

@Lisa Grau Thank you Lisa for getting back so quickly. This did the trick! Set up and running now. Thank you.

Lisa Grau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

Great! Always happy to help!

Marco Stefano Gori February 10, 2023

Hi @Lisa Grau 

Sorry for necroposting this, but I couldn't find any other thread about this issue.

I have been encountering the same problem with my organization. However, I could not find the settings.

Can I ask you where are they in English (or Italian)?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events