Epic -> Feature -> Story structure with Big Picture, and assigning a feature to a PI

armand.ar.brun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2020

Hi JIRA team,

With my organization we were using JIRA with just epics and stories in Agile mode, but now we are changing to the SAFe mode with 3 teams in parallel. 

With SAFe we are introducing the features and the PI. A feature has to be delivered during a PI, and a story has to be delivered during an iteration, inside a PI. 

We have the plug in Big Picture, but it is very difficult to understand how to structure the backlog in Epic -> Feature -> Story. Do you have any recommendation for that? 

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2020

Hello @armand.ar.brun 

Please see this screenshot as a guide for how to set up BigPicture for the Epic > Feature > Story hierarchy. Note that you need to add the 'Feature - Story' link manually in your Jira, beforehand. Once set up, the Epic - Feature - Story hierarchy will be available in Roadmap, Board, Gantt chart, as well as on Jira issue detail view (BigPicture WBS widget).

Features within PIs and stories within iterations? It's perfectly doable in BigPicture; you can use both Roadmap and Board modules for this; both have the PI and Iteration levels, and at both levels, you can plan "globally" or per team. Here's how the two tools compare.

Thanks for choosing BigPicture :)

Biret
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 6, 2022

Hi Marcin

Can you please explain how to add the Feature - Story' link ? 

We are stuck and it would be awesome if you can respond asap

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events