Epic color is not shown in Easy Agile Story Map view

Lars Duelfer November 13, 2018

Hi there,

we have installed the Easy Agile User Story Map plugin on JIRA. Currently we face the problem that the epic colors are not shown properly in the story map view. Some epics have no color at all, others have a different color than the one specified for the epic.

Any idea how to solve this?

Regards, Lars

2 answers

0 votes
Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 27, 2021

Thanks @Lars Duelfer , @Angana Patel and @Vinotha Kumar for your patience! 

We've just released an update to Easy Agile User Story Maps to fix this. Next-gen epics will now have the correct colour. 

Kind regards, 
Stephanie Seymour | Easy Agile

0 votes
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2018

Thanks for also reaching out via our support portal Lars. We'll post an update here for the community once we get to the bottom of this issue.
If any other users are currently experiencing this issue please reach out to us at support@easyagile.com

Thanks,

Seamus Kieran

Easy Agile Support Team

Angana Patel November 19, 2020

Is the issue resolved. I am not seeing the EPIC or the Task Colors 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 22, 2020

Hi Angana,

We weren't able to diagnose the problem in 2018 based on the information from Lars.

Firstly, can you confirm that you are using a Classic Jira Software Project? Since Epics in Next Gen Projects aren't coloured, they are all shown as purple in Easy Agile User Story Maps.

Can you provide us with some more details about this issue? Either here or via support@easyagile.com

• Does this problem occur on the Jira backlog as well? Or is the issue that the Epic colours are not consistent with those on the Backlog?
  • Are all users experiencing this issue? If users see an incorrect colour, are they all seeing the same (incorrect) colour?
  • When the Epic colour is changed on the Backlog, does the colour on the User Story Map change at all, even if incorrectly?

Finally, what configuration do you use to add colours to your Task issue types? Unlike Epics, Jira doesn't natively store colours for Issues so we haven't had this request before.

Kind regards, 

Marketplace Partner
November 22, 2020

Hi Angana, 

My apologies: on checking, I found that Next Gen Projects do now support Epic colours. 

The API for this, however, is different to the one we use to get data about Epic colours in Classic Projects. We'll need to put in some work to get feature parity on this. A ticket has been created with your vote on it. 

If you use Next Gen projects, that's why the colours aren't showing and you don't need to supply any other information. 

Would you like me to reach out when we've got this working? 

Kind regards, 

Vinotha Kumar December 23, 2020

Hi Stephanie,

Is this resolved? If not, when can I expect this to be addressed. Would be great if I get some timeline and any other workarounds if possible.

Thanks

VK

Marketplace Partner
January 10, 2021

Hi Vinotha, 

This isn't currently on our short- to medium-term roadmap. 

Thanks for letting us know you're interested: we're a small, Agile team and use customer feedback like yours to prioritise upcoming work. 

Kind regards, 

Lars Duelfer October 3, 2021

Hi @Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_

we are using story maps for a long time now but the wrong epic colors are really annoying by now. We used the colors in the past for a better visual overview about which epics belong together. This is no longer possible with the broken epic colors. Can you not somehow prioritize this and fix it?

As far as we debugged in the past, the REST requests return the correct color, but the java script rendering seems to have a but.

Please let me know if there is any hope, otherwise we need to find some Alternative soon to have a better visibility again.

Thanks and Regards, Lars

Marketplace Partner
October 5, 2021

Hi @Lars Duelfer 

We were able to resolve the problem with Team-managed (Next-gen) projects. 

However, we weren't able to diagnose or resolve any Epic colour problems on Company-managed (Classic) projects as we need more information. 

Are you able to reach out to us at support@easyagile.com so that we can work together to gather troubleshooting information and diagnose the problem you're seeing? 

Kind regards, 
Henri Seymour, Developer @ Easy Agile 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events