Embedd Draw.io diagram, default to a specific tab

Stefan Barthel November 13, 2020

We are using the embed draw.io macro. We have a diagram with multiple tabs and would like to display three different tabs on out confluence page. So we included three times the draw.io macro linking to the url of the diagram file, while embedding we can chose the tab, however after it always displays the first tab. We are aware, that you can navigate to the other tabs / pages, however we would like to explicitly default each of the three macros to a specific tab / page. Is there a parameter how we can achieve that?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

Hi,

Could you take a look at the video I recorded for you please and tell me if this is what you are trying to achieve.

I use Chrome Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit), draw.io on Confluence Cloud version 13.9.7 and it is working for me.

https://vimeo.com/478845941

Kind regards,

Marija

Deleted user October 22, 2021

Hi Marija,

It is impossible to watch this video, unless you sign up for a paid Vimeo subscription. 

Could you please post the solution here...? Thank you. 

Mohamed Mohamedin October 22, 2021

Select the page you want before saving the macro in Current Diagram tab

Like Julien Couture likes this
Deleted user October 24, 2021

Thank you for your response, @Mohamed Mohamedin.

In my experience, this only works once for new pages (= tabs within the embedded Drawio file). But you cannot open an existing embedded Drawio file, select a new default tab, save and see it updated in the Confluence page. I note that I edit the Drawio file via the pen icon in the upper-left corner. 

I do not know what 'macro' means in context of Drawio or Confluence. Thanks. 

Mohamed Mohamedin October 25, 2021

You can edit the macro and select the new page then save or use the settings icon in the viewer and check "Current Viewer State"

By macro I mean a diagram in a page, this is the name Confluence use for any added feature to a page.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 8.53.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-25 at 8.53.58 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events