Eazy BI Report of First Contact Resolution

GiorgosTsav July 19, 2024

Hello community. I want to create a report in which i will get the first contact resolution resolved tickets. I guess that the initial assignee will be the one who resolves the ticket, so will be the same from start to end, no Escalate status exists, no children tickets exists. I cannot think of any other condition.

Thank u.

1 answer

1 vote
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2024

Hello @GiorgosTsav ,

To create a report for first contact resolution (FCR) tickets in eazyBI, you can use a calculated measure that checks the conditions you've mentioned. Here's an approach you can try:

1. Create a new calculated measure in your Issues cube. You can name it "First Contact Resolution".

2. Use the following formula as a starting point:

Sum(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
DateInPeriod(
[Measures].[Issue resolution date],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
)
AND
([Measures].[Transitions to assignee],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) <= 1
AND
([Measures].[Transitions to status],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) <= 2
AND
IsEmpty([Measures].[Issue sub-task keys])
),
[Measures].[Issues resolved]
)

This formula does the following:

• Checks if the issue is resolved
  • Ensures there was only one assignee transition (initial assignment)
  • Verifies that there were only two status transitions (e.g., Open to In Progress to Resolved)
  • Excludes issues that have sub-tasks

You may need to adjust the number of status transitions or add specific status checks based on your workflow.

1. Place this measure in your report columns, and use relevant dimensions (like Time, Project, or Issue Type) in the rows.
  2. To verify the results, you can add Issue dimension in Rows and include measures like:
    • Issue resolution date
    • Transitions to assignee
    • Transitions to status
    • Issue sub-task keys

This will help you confirm that the FCR measure captures the correct issues.

You can add more conditions to the Filter function if you need to check for specific status changes or exclude certain types of issues.

Kindly,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events