Does the Tempo Logged Time report pull all hours - including active and inactive users - or just act

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2022

I am needing to pull a Tempo time report for all hours logged for a period, inclusive of hours logged by users who are no longer active or licensed.  

Based on existing documentation I can't tell if this base Logged Time report will do this, or if I need to do something unique to ensure inclusion of all logged hours. 

1 answer

0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2022

Hi Brian,

Please refer to the KB below on how Tempo handles inactive users' data:

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/428572758/What+happens+to+inactive+deleted+users+timesheet+data

Best regards,

Chih from Tempo Support

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2022

Thank you!

I do think the KB is inaccurate, or perhaps poorly worded when it says:

"Inactive users: When a user account is inactive in Jira, you will not be able to see his/her worklogs in the reports. "

In my testing, I was able to see the hours logged by a currently inactive user and export.

My specific use case was exporting ALL hours logged in the system for ALL tickets for a given time period.  While I can't be certain based on the number of users that have been inactivated in the system, spot checking a dozen or so users that were deactivated earlier in the year, all those users logged hours were in the reports.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events