Documentation and user manual for JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin

MilanCiti December 1, 2014

Hello Frank,

Last week, I installed JIRA Gantt-Chart plugin, full re-index done, and then asked users to evaluate it.

Very first question from users was about documentation and looking for some kind of instruction manual on 'How to start'. We know there is https://polscheit.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GANTT/Gantt-Chart+for+JIRA but do you have some additional web resources , that we can reach. We appreciate you feedback. Thank you.

Regards,

Milan Stakic

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

Hi Milan,

based on my experiences in the past, documentation is not well read but caused a lot of time to keep it up to date without decrease of user support emails. Often, it is much easier and faster to write an email request than to dig into documentation not knowing the concrete topic. So, I have decided to focus on concrete support requests and have just embedded basic docu on the plugin's main configuration tabs (secure/GanttAdmin!default.jspa) and expand the related wiki pages only step-by-step.

There are various scenarios for using my Gantt-Chart within classic business or together with an agile approach. You can configure multi-level and multi-project issue hierarchies via an own issue link type, use grouping by epics or other (custom)fields as well as kind of swimlanes (set of status belonging to a unit and grouping all issues per units with own coloring of rows). Beside on the configurations, you can act differently for already existing projects having issues from the past and new created ones etc.

In order to help you as best as possible, please describe you preferred business scenario within a support request: open the question menu within the Gantt-Chart at the top right and click on "support request". Based on that, I will try to guide you concerning a concrete setup for that approach if it's possible.

Kind regards,
Frank

0 votes
MilanCiti December 1, 2014

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply, I've already forwarded your suggestion to users, so we will contact you in case we need further assistance.

Regards,

Milan Stakic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events