Display insight macro information on confluence page for JSD customer

Paul Jentzsch November 8, 2017

Hi all,
I've embedded the insight macro for confluence on a confluence page in a knowledge base space which is connected to our service desk project in JIRA. The content of the macro is visible for licensed confluence users. If a customer from JSD opens the page he just get's this message: "Authentication required. You need to be logged in to see the Insight objects."

error_insight_confluence.jpg
The space is open for anonymous access so that our customers can check our troubleshooting articles without any confluence license.
Does anyone has an idea how to solve this issue or set the permissions correctly?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards
Susan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hi Susan,

As the implementation is as of today (Insight 5.1.4), a valid User needs to be logged in to JIRA to be able to access the Insight information, due to permissions.

This will probably be changed in the future, but I don't have information on when.

Best Regards
Alexander

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi @Alexander Sundström

Do you know if any more information is available for this issue already? 
We would very much like to use the Insight macro for confluence in our knowledge base articles as well! 

Cheers, 

Tessa

Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2018

@Alexander Sundström I'm also interested in the same use-case of embedding via Service Desk

pieterjan.vanpee February 13, 2019

Hello,

we are also interested in this feature. Any update on when this will be implemented?

Kr

Aaran Stent July 14, 2020

We are working around this issue by using PocketQuery to render JIRA data to Confluence (including Insight data).  Would be great of this was able to be done without the extra steps in PocketQuery.

0 votes

I am also interested in this feature, is there any update or workaround?

Regards

0 votes
Giorgi Tsitskishvili February 23, 2022

Do you have any update or alternative solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events