Custom field with special character is not found in aggregateExpression function

Jose Luis Romero February 27, 2015

Hello,

I want to use the "aggregateExpression" function of Script Runner in a custom field that contains the character "/": issueFunction in aggregateExpression ("Total", "House/Mansion.sum ()")

"House/Mansion" is a number custom field.

The result is the error "Field House not found or not a Number or Date custom field."

How I can use the function with this character in a custom field?

Tested in JIRA v6.3.9, Script Runner 3.0.10

4 answers

0 votes
Jose Luis Romero March 10, 2015

Any news about use special characters?

Is this is the behavior of the plugin? Is it a bug?

Using the custom field name (not its identifier), is it possible to escape characters?

Thanks.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

It's probably not going to be fixed soon. Escaping characters would be just as confusing to users. At best I would have the function remove special characters, so users could enter HouseMansion, rather than House/Mansion.

0 votes
Jose Luis Romero March 3, 2015

The function using customfield_12345 work fine, but, this isn´t the solution because users use this function and do not know the identifier, only know the name of the field

0 votes
Jose Luis Romero March 1, 2015

Hello Jamie,

The function using customfield_12345 work fine. Thanks for you response.

I create a ticke.

Thanks.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2015

I don't see how that's going to work currently... customfield_12345 should work I think. Feel free to create a ticket at jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events