Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Count number of selections in a multiselect

Hi

I am using Adaptavist Scriptrunner

I have some listener code to calculate an issue score based on the values selected in various custom fields.  One of the calculations is to count the number of options selected in a custom multiselect field and based on the number add a certain value to the score field.

I don't seem to be able to find any sample code for this.  Would appreciate some assitance.

Dave

1 answer

0 votes

The options in a multiselect are held in a collection, so you can actually just use size() to get it!

def myCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find { it.name == "My field name" }

def fieldContent = issue.getCustomFieldValue(myCf)
def numberOfSelections = fieldContent.size()

Hi Nic

Sorry - I only saw your response now.

If I try your code I get an syntax error on fieldContent.size().  Please see attached screenshot.  

what am I missing?

Regards

Dave Cuff

Hmm.  Could you try forcing the type by replacing the "def" on line 73 with "Collection" - this should stop the weak-typing that Groovy claims is useful, and force the variable to be seen as the type that it really is always going to be.

(I've come to hate languages that isn't strongly-typed or minimally typed - so... many... stupid... bugs...)

Looks like we have a challenge.  Error in below screenshot.  NB we are on JIRA 7.13.5 and Scriptunner 6.0.0.  Not sure if this could be causing the error.

I have the following import commands.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.LazyLoadedOptionAnnotation (3).png

Try Collection,  not collection.

Ooops - sorry about that.

I did and the error has now changed.  Please see below.

Annotation (4).png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

240 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you