Copy field value from parent task to subtask create screen

Ellen October 4, 2022

Hi,

How can I copy the field (Field of type Elements Connect (nFeed)) value from the parent task to the subtask create screen?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Laffont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2022

Hello Ellen

I am part of the Elements Connect support team.

If I understand your need, as soon as the Connect field is updated in the parent field, the selected value should be automatically copied to its subtask, right?

To do this, you need to use a third-party application such as Automation for Jira or Scriptrunner for Jira. Thus, as soon as the parent field is updated, then the automatic rule should be triggered and copy the value from the parent to its subtask.

I advise you to read our documentation on this subject:

If further help is needed, then I need more information about your use case and your Elements Connect configuration, so I invite you to raise a request in our support portal.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Simon.

Ellen October 10, 2022

Hello Simon,

We don't need to copy the value to the subtask. We need to see the value from the parent task on the subtask creation screen.

Simon Laffont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2022

Hello Ellen,

I am sorry but what you are asking is not possible. You cannot just display in a screen a field belonging to another ticket without copying its value. All information displayed in the creation screen will be added to the ticket.

A workaround could be to display this value in the creation screen and hide it in the other screens (edit screen, issue view, etc.). Thus, even if this value is copied to the subtask, it will remain invisible to users.

Would this meet your expectations?

Kind regards,
Simon.

Ellen October 12, 2022

Hello Simon,

We don't like this workaround.
It turns out that in this case the solution of the problem is impossible. Thanks for the answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events