Connector to Eclipse Indigo shows installed but not visible in Add Task Repository

Maia Grotepass October 11, 2011

In the Add Task Repository I do not see the JIRA connecter. If I click on Install More Connectors the Atlassian Jira connector shows as already installed. How can I fix this?

This worked for me on a previous version of eclipse.

Sytems info:

Ubuntu 11.04 64bit

Eclipse Indigo Platform version: 3.7.1.r37x_v20110729-9gF7UHOxFtniV7mI3T556iZN9AU8bEZ1lHMcVK

Mylyn: 3.6.0v20110608-1400

Atlassian Connecter: 3.0.2.v20111010 (I have tried other installations as well, from archive and from update site as per instructions)

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

It is strange but Myly 3.6.2 solved the problem. In our case it worked fine also with Mylyn 3.6.0

0 votes
Sheila Thomson June 19, 2012

It was down to permissions. My user account doesn't have admin priviledges so although I was able to go through the motions of installing the connector and the application registered that I had installed it, something in the process didn't fully complete so it wasn't actually available to me to use.

When I ran Eclipse as an administrator and then reinstalled the connector it installed fully and I am now able to interact with our Jira repository regardless of whether I'm running Eclipse as an administrator or not.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

Is there anything suspicious in your Eclipse error log? Some unresolved dependencies? Plugins which did not load?

Cheers,

Jacek

0 votes
Sheila Thomson June 18, 2012

I have the same problem (conector installed but not listed when trying to add a task repository) but on Windows.

System info:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Eclipse Indigo Platform version: 3.7.2.v201202080800

Mylyn: 3.7.0.v20120319-0200

Atlassian Connector: 3.0.5.v20120518

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2011

Can you list the installed plugins of Connector? At first sight it looks like the main feature has been installed but JIRA connector plugin is missing. Let's check it.

Maia Grotepass October 17, 2011

With Atlassian support I got the following suggestions:

• make sure your Eclipse is for 64 bits architecture
  • your Java is Sun and not open JDK
  • upgrade your Mylyn to 3.6.2
  • make sure there is nothing suspicious in the log

In my case upgrading to Mylyn 3.6.2 did the trick.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2011

Hi,

Can you simply try to remove the Connector and install it once again e.g. via the update site?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/IDEPLUGIN/Installing+the+Eclipse+Connector

Cheers,

Jacek

Maia Grotepass October 16, 2011

Sigh, that's what I did first. Now I uninstalled and tried from the official connector eclipse update site and I still have the same problem. Also the update site gives the same version number as the donwloaded archinve I installed. 3.0.2.v20111010

Something that may be influencing the situation is that I am running 64bit ubuntu but since I am doing android development I install ia32-libs to bet the android dev wotking correctly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events