Confluence Cloud - How to show Version on a page?

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Hi all, 

I have used Confluence to document our companies ISO27001 - Information Security Annual Audit Report 2019. It comprises of 90 documents, which I am in the process of writing. Each document has an owner, auditor and most importantly a version number. 

Given Confluence automatically versions every edit of a document I thought this would be handy in displaying on the front page automatically. Also given I am editing all the pages all the time, to update them, I don't want to be manually updating the version number each time. 

However I can't see a way to do this and it is a pain to have to click into the ... to view the page history to pick up the latest version number and then to remember to update the version number on the page. 

Is there a way, a plugin, a macro or something that I can add to each of my pages that will display the pages correct version number. 

Finally don't forget I am on Confluence Cloud. I know user macros are possible on the Server version, but what about he Cloud version? 

Your help in this matter would be much appreciated. 

Regards,

Mike

2 answers

0 votes
Henry Burkhardt September 19, 2022

Hi,

there is a cool little helper at the Marketplace which solves this issue.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224528/version-info

Especially in combination with Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros.

Regards from Berlin :)

0 votes
Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Hi @Mike Bowen 

You can try using the change history Macros.  This will show you the current version of the page. 

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2019

Hi @Haran Kumar - Yes, that isn't really an option, given it shows all the previous versions as well. The page I tested it on has over 155 versions. I am after the latest version only. Nice to know though. 

Thanks.

Like Eric Vervoordeldonk likes this
Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2019

@Mike Bowen  yes, got you point. Maybe ill pinch back in if , I get to meet your need. 

Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2019
Like Mike Bowen likes this
Henry Burkhardt January 15, 2021

As @Mike Bowen pointed out (and that affects me also) he is talking about Confluence CLOUD. Is there a Jira for the feature there, too? Thank you :) 

Like Adnan Vilic likes this
mario witdoek September 18, 2022

@Mike BowenI'm looking for the same. Just show page url and version (or date). Were you able to solve it and how?

I find it strange the the hosted and local version are so different ...

TIA

Mario

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

Hi @mario witdoek 

I did solve the problem with an app called QC Documents for Confluence Cloud (Link here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218839/qc-documents-for-confluence-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing) - For the price and for what it achieves it is perfect. 

It does everything I need it to do, namely: 

• Show the page version anywhere on the page (e.g. in an Info window).
  • Useful in pages listing all the pages that have been updated or edited in the past x months, which are super helpful for audits etc. 
  • Useful in Page Properties that are hidden, that get updated automatically. 
  • List document names, versions, last updated, created by, created date etc. 

Attached are some screenshots; I am happy to answer any other questions. 

Kind regards,

Mike

Like Diogo Teles likes this
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

Hi @mario witdoek 

I did solve the problem with an app called QC Documents for Confluence Cloud (Link here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218839/qc-documents-for-confluence-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing) - For the price and for what it achieves it is perfect. 

It does everything I need it to do, namely: 

• Show the page version anywhere on the page (e.g. in an Info window).
  • Useful in pages listing all the pages that have been updated or edited in the past x months, which are super helpful for audits etc. 
  • Useful in Page Properties that are hidden, that get updated automatically. 
  • List document names, versions, last updated, created by, created date etc. 

Attached are some screenshots; I am happy to answer any other questions. 

QC - Audit List.pngQC - Page Properties.png

It has been updated since I used it, and here are some of the options one sees when accessing the app via the macro shortcut: 

Snag_98eda49.pngSnag_98eed83.pngSnag_98efb10.png

Kind regards,

Mike

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events