Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Cloud - How to show Version on a page?

Hi all, 

I have used Confluence to document our companies ISO27001 - Information Security Annual Audit Report 2019. It comprises of 90 documents, which I am in the process of writing. Each document has an owner, auditor and most importantly a version number. 

Given Confluence automatically versions every edit of a document I thought this would be handy in displaying on the front page automatically. Also given I am editing all the pages all the time, to update them, I don't want to be manually updating the version number each time. 

However I can't see a way to do this and it is a pain to have to click into the ... to view the page history to pick up the latest version number and then to remember to update the version number on the page. 

Is there a way, a plugin, a macro or something that I can add to each of my pages that will display the pages correct version number. 

Finally don't forget I am on Confluence Cloud. I know user macros are possible on the Server version, but what about he Cloud version? 

Your help in this matter would be much appreciated. 

Regards,

Mike

1 answer

Hi @Mike Bowen 

You can try using the change history Macros.  This will show you the current version of the page. 

Hi @Haran Kumar - Yes, that isn't really an option, given it shows all the previous versions as well. The page I tested it on has over 155 versions. I am after the latest version only. Nice to know though. 

Thanks.

@Mike Bowen  yes, got you point. Maybe ill pinch back in if , I get to meet your need. 

Like Mike Bowen likes this

As @Mike Bowen pointed out (and that affects me also) he is talking about Confluence CLOUD. Is there a Jira for the feature there, too? Thank you :) 

Like vilic likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

204 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you