Confiforms display user field without avatar tableview confiforms

Lisbon Cruz April 24, 2023

I have a tableview that shows the user with avatar below:
table.PNG

I want to be able to show this table with select fields only inside an alert macro. but I don't want the user field to have an avatar, just username.
alert_confiform.PNG

I have tried some virtual functions inside the confiforms field to see if I can just extract the username without the avatar but haven't had any success. I do see an, "Override output format" in confiforms field macro but it looks like it uses java when I click on the documentation, and I am not sure how that would work. Is there anyway to show only the username without the avatar? I don't want to change the confiforms field definition to simple view on the user field because that would remove the avatar from the table on the first screenshot. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Lisbon Cruz 

Let me try to explain this - as this a user field you can access ANY property that the user field has - including the "fullName" or "username" (on server/DC) and accountId on cloud

ConfiForms Field macro allows you to use an expression in the field name parameter

Assuming your field name for submitter is called "submitter"

Then it means the field name expression could be something like

submitter.fullName

to show user's full name or

submitter.username

to show just a user name

Alex

Lisbon Cruz April 24, 2023

Awesome! That worked! Also, thank you for the link to the property field values.

One more question, is there any way to make the width and the height of the Tip, Warning macros bigger? I know this wasn't part of the question intially. Thank you again.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2023

I cannot tell much about the tip and the warning macros… not part of our apps, so I cannot know for sure. Sorry

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events