ComponentManager isn't available

Cory Watson April 26, 2012

I'm developing an Issue Tab plugin and I'd like to use the ComponentManager but for the life of me I can't figure out which jar it's in (com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager) and why it isn't in the jars that the setup process setup for me.

Help! :)

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

You should use ComponentAccessor: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/jira/5.0/reference/com/atlassian/jira/component/ComponentAccessor.html

which is @PublicApi. For ComponentManager you will need to uncomment the jira-core reference from the pom.

That got it. Thanks Jamie!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

Which version of JIRA is it? From JIRA5, use jira-api in the dependencies in your pom.xml. For earlier versions, use atlassian-jira jar!

It's JIRA 5, sorry for the ommission.

I'll give that a shot.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2012

If you do, mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse, it will recreate the project

Looks like I already have it:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
            <artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>
            <version>${jira.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

I'll check around to see if I can find the JAR and why Eclipse can't see it.

Excellent. I'm running that now.

*waits a while* :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events