Companion App won't upload updated file

Marko Isola April 3, 2023

Hi,

Since I can't reproduce the problem but I've witnessed that this really happens I need to come here and ask what to check to find solution to their problem. The other issue is that I use Linux so I actually can't use the Companion App directly. I only have Virtual Windows for testing purpose and my Windows knowledge is from last century.

Scenario goes like this. Confluence page has Excel spreadsheet or Powerpoint presentation. People with editing rights can open it for editing by pressing Edit (top panel, right side). After making changes they click Save in Excel but it saves it only locally. Companion App popup shows that latest file is foobar but there's no Upload button. For me, of course the blue Upload button is there. 

I know a workaround and written a guide for our users but for non-tech people several clicks vs one is a nightmare including those hash-named sub-directories, etc. 

Environment:
Confluence 7.19.6
Companion App version: 1.4.4

I recently updated Confluence 7.19.4 to .6 but such minor update shouldn't break this. And like I mentioned, in my virtual test host it works.

Thanks in advance

- Maso

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Hofmann May 26, 2023

Hi Marko!

We also have the phenomenon that the upload button stays greyed out, despite a change of the XLSX was made. Your workaround would very interesting for us. Would you mind to share it here? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Peter

David April 2, 2024

The workaround is simply to save the file locally and re-upload with the same name to overwrite the existing file.

You can do this via dragndrop (or browse to) in the attachment menu or via editing ad overwriting the file directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events