Clone Task - Edit Linked Issues

Dean Berman July 16, 2012

I know Clone+/++ will allow us to clone linked issues, but I'd like to edit them (at least their Summary) on the fly.

Ex.

TEST - LINK TASK (1 of 4)
TEST - LINK TASK (2 of 4)
TEST - LINK TASK (3 of 4)
TEST - LINK TASK (4 of 4)

When I "Clone" TEST - LINK TASK (1 of 4), I currently check "Clone Links", but I'd like to edit their Summary before it clones each of them.

Thanks.

Dean Berman

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

Create an improvement request for the JIRA Clone-Plus plugin

This is the link which they are "developing" it, but it hasn't been released yet (getting close it looks like though). Because this is a production JIRA server (we don't have a development one yet) I will wait for it to be fully released.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JCLP-60

Thanks Bob!

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

sorry, its the createandlink plugin. It will allow you to set the specific fields on creation.

Hmm...no wonder I can't find it, it's not supported for JIRA v5.X yet.

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2012

it works though...I use it. You may have to download it, and then upload it into JIRA (and not use the UPM)

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2012

Clone and link plugin should do what you are looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events