Clone Plus: Add Clone prefix to summary field

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2019

I am trying to create a clone-plus.properties file and cannot figure out how to add Clone prefix to the summary field. The documentation have to different options for it:

Example clone-plus.properties

# Set fields
1.plus.set.summary = Clone of issue with summary: %original_summary%

How to add CLONE prefix to summary

# Set the summary to be like the default Clone operation by adding "CLONE - "
1.plus.set.summary = CLONE - @summary@

I have tried both orginal_summary and summary with @ and %, but when I test it out the summary field is not changed.  I even tried to just use the property file listed in the last link without any modifications and the summary field does not get the prefix. What am I missing?

I am using version 6.3.0 if that makes any difference.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

Found the issue, my test environment needed to be rebooted. Once it was up everything worked as expected.

Dayanand October 8, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg ,

Is this setting

1.plus.set.summary = CLONE - @summary@

working fine after jira restart?

We also looking same prefix CLONE - should be added for very clone+ & clone++.

Thanks,

Daya

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hi @Dayanand,

As far as I remember yes, it was working fine after the reboot, but it has been almost 3 years since I messed with the app, and I have since moved on to a different company that is not using Clone Plus. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events