Checklist Item status has been reset after updating to JIRA 8.22.6

Cosmin Anton October 27, 2022

Hello everyone! 

We have recently updated the JIRA version to 8.22.6 and we have noticed that all the checklist item statuses have been reseted to "OFF". Has anyone encountered this problem before? Have I done something wrong? I would apreciate if someone could help me understand why this happened. Thank you !itemStatus.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2022

Bonjour @Cosmin Anton

I am a developer from Checklist for Jira. We have never seen a case of losing such parameters before.

- Which version of Jira and Checklist for Jira you had before the update?

- I suspect you lost all parameters, not just "Statuses", can you confirm that?

We store the parameters in the genericconfiguration database table, and it's linked to the Checklist custom field and field configuration IDs. I am not sure how/why, but maybe the record IDs for custom field / field config changed after the Jira update.

Kind regards

Cosmin Anton October 28, 2022

Bonjour @Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_ ,

Merci for your quick answer. 

The version of JIRA before the update was 7.1.

The version of Checklist for Jira was and still is at 6.2.1.

And yes, I confirm that all parameters have been lost. (but we usually use "statuses" the most of the time).

Thank you again!

Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2022

Thank you for the information.

I am surprised you were using Checklist 6.2.1 with Jira 7.1, this version of Checklist only supports Jira 8 and up.

If you don't have many checklist fields, I would suggest you to update your parameters with their previous values manually.

Otherwise, if you have the possibility and knowledge to query your database, I would suggest you to query the genericconfiguration table, searching for datatype containing oChecklistParameters.

Example that should work on some databases:

SELECT * FROM genericconfiguration WHERE datatype LIKE 'oChecklistParameters%';

The datatype contains the custom field ID, while the datakey column contains the field configuration ID. If those IDs are not the right ones (because Jira would have changed them in the fields), you could correct them to get your configuration back.

I hope this helps!
Kind regards

Cosmin Anton October 31, 2022

Merci @Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_ ,

We will consider your advices and try to apply them for the next update.

Thank you again! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events