Cannot start Plugin Mangar on JBoss 4

KuboG January 19, 2013

I'm installing JIRA 5.2.4 on JBoss 4. Every thing is working fine except for Universal Plugin Manager. After JIRA starts up it is disabled and log gives me this error:

{quote}

2:22:55,851 INFO STDOUT 2013-01-20 02:22:55,727 Spring executor 8 ERROR plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin Unable to start the Spring context for plugin com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'linkBuilder' defined in URL bundle://95.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 2 of type com.atlassian.upm.rest.async.AsynchronousTaskManager : : Error creating bean with name 'asynchronousTaskManager' defined in URL bundle://95.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml : Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'asynchronousTaskManager' defined in URL bundle://95.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml : Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

{quote}

I found this that can help but it is FishEye related.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Unable+to+start+the+Spring+context+for+plugin

1 answer

1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

Hi,

Jboss is not listed as a supported application server (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Supported+Platforms) it means that Atlassian have not tested its features on Jboss and some of those features may not be compatible to this application server.

Because of this I would suggest that you consider moving to Tomcat, which is the only supported application server.

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events