Can Insight fields in Jira server be set to filter each other?

Matthew Gauci June 16, 2022

Hi

I have a Jira project and I have some fields that I am populating with Jira Insight objects. The way that it's set up, In the Jira project in fields 1 I put item A and in field 2 I put item B, in field 3 I am getting all the objects that have either item A or item B. In field 3 I would like to have all objects that have both item A and item B instead. I was able to write an IQL query on Insight but I was not able to configure this Jira server. Can someone please help?

Thanks
Matthew

1 answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

It will be helpful if you post some more specific details.

Are Item A and Item B the same object types?

Does the object Type for objects listed in field 3 point to object A and object B from the same attribute? Or different attributes?

What's your IQL that's currently working in Field 3 custom field? And what's the IQL you were able to make work correctly in Insight?

Do any of your 3 insight field allow multiple selection?

With all this, I might be able to suggest some approach to make this work.

But I suspect ultimately, you'll want an "issue scope iql" in your field 3 configurations to have something like

SomeAttributeName = ${field1} and SomeAttributeName = ${field2}

If you use real terms and explain your business case, it would be even better for helping you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events