You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
After completing a Sprint, I would like to add automation to categorize it by automatically adding a label. I do not see this option currently available. Is this possible?
Yes, it is possible to add automation to categorize a sprint by automatically adding a label after completing the sprint.
To do this, you can use the Create automation rule feature in Jira.
To create an automation rule to automatically add a label to a sprint after completing the sprint, follow these steps:
- Go to Jira Settings > Automation.
- Click Create automation rule.
- In the Trigger section, select Sprint completed.
- In the Conditions section, you can add conditions to the rule, such as checking the status of the sprint or the sprint name.
- In the Actions section, select Add label.
- Select the label that you want to add to the sprint.
- Click Save. Once you have created the automation rule, it will be triggered whenever a sprint is completed.
- The automation rule will then add the selected label to the sprint.
Here is an example of an automation rule that will automatically add the label "Completed" to a sprint after the sprint is completed:
You can also use Jira Automation to create more complex automation rules, such as rules that add different labels to sprints based on the sprint name or the sprint's status. I hope this helps!
@Peter Tran - DevSamurai thank you for your reply, much appreciated! I do not see the condition you have mentioned above of " such as checking the status of the sprint or the sprint name.". The only options I have are below: