Can I "Create Label" as an Action in Automation?

Jonathan Barrera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2023

After completing a Sprint, I would like to add automation to categorize it by automatically adding a label. I do not see this option currently available. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2023

Yes, it is possible to add automation to categorize a sprint by automatically adding a label after completing the sprint.
To do this, you can use the Create automation rule feature in Jira.
To create an automation rule to automatically add a label to a sprint after completing the sprint, follow these steps:
- Go to Jira Settings > Automation.
- Click Create automation rule.
- In the Trigger section, select Sprint completed.
- In the Conditions section, you can add conditions to the rule, such as checking the status of the sprint or the sprint name.
- In the Actions section, select Add label.
- Select the label that you want to add to the sprint.
- Click Save. Once you have created the automation rule, it will be triggered whenever a sprint is completed.
- The automation rule will then add the selected label to the sprint.

Here is an example of an automation rule that will automatically add the label "Completed" to a sprint after the sprint is completed: 

image.pngYou can also use Jira Automation to create more complex automation rules, such as rules that add different labels to sprints based on the sprint name or the sprint's status. I hope this helps!

Jonathan Barrera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 25, 2023

@Peter_DevSamurai  thank you for your reply, much appreciated! I do not see the condition you have mentioned above of " such as checking the status of the sprint or the sprint name.". The only options I have are below:

Advanced compare condition
Compares two values:
{{issue.status.name}} equals Done
If / else block
Perform different actions using if, else-if and else to control the flow.
Issue attachments
Checks if issue attachments exist or don't exist
Issue fields condition
Check whether an issue's field meets a certain criteria
JQL condition
Checks if issue matches JQL:
priority > Medium
Related issues condition
Check if related issues exist or match JQL.
User condition
User matches criteria:
Reporter in group 'customers'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events