BigPicture disappeared from top navigation bar in Jira 7.1.2 after reboot

eiger3970 April 21, 2016

Hello, I started working with BigPicture and added some 'Programs' in BigPicture with tasks (issues). I turned off the server and the next morning, JIRA 7.1.2 shows with its navigation bar and options to Dashboards, Projects, Issues, Workload, Boards, Portfolio, but BigPicture is not there?

Where is all my work from BigPicture.

Luckily, I added the tasks as JIRA issues, so JIRA shows the issues, but i need the JIRA Gantt chart, as I don't know how JIRA projects or Portfolio for JIRA can offer useful charts/gantt charts to show a nice graphic timeline like the BigPicture Gantt chart?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
eiger3970 April 23, 2016

Ok, found the problem. In Add ons > Manage Add ons > BigPicture > Enable needs to be selected each time.

A hassle, but maybe that's because it's the free version?

0 votes
eiger3970 April 25, 2016

I changed the line

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=""

to

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300"

After starting jira, the localhost:8081 would not load, even after 300 seconds.

I changed the line to the original text and JIRA started up fine.

I think a different command or different location for the argument is needed...any suggestions please?

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016

I think you need to add:

-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300

(With the "minus" sign at the beginning)

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2016

That behaviour is not normal and certainly not a limit of the free edition. For some reason your JIRA constantly disables the plugin, will check that.

Most likely the fix would be to:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events