BigPicture - Quick filter - How to filter issues + basic tasks.

AlexanderT October 13, 2021

Hi. Is there any way to create a BigPicture quick filter which will show some JIRA issues and BP Basic Tasks at the same time?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2021

Hi @AlexanderT 

When it comes to quick filters in BigPicture, those in general base on the JQL query, which is a JIRA mechanics, and also only JIRA elements can be selected to build a filter. This, unfortunately, means that basic tasks are out of the scope of the filter, and currently, it is not possible to apply a quick filter for basic tasks.

We do have plans to improve the app behavior so that the basic tasks can be shown on the modules if quick filters apply, once the below feature is released into production:

https://jira.softwareplant.com/browse/ONE-6583

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Adam

AlexanderT October 18, 2021

Thanks a lot for the answer. We're waiting for this for more than two years.
Since it was resolved in September I hope it'll be release soon.

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2021

Hi @AlexanderT

I am sorry you had to wait so long. Please be informed, we receive a number of new feature requests, which results in the necessity to prioritize based on the demand for such functionality. 
As soon as demand reached the required level, we scheduled development works. 

At the moment, the feature is ready and will be released in a few weeks in BigPicture 8.2 version.
Like AlexanderT likes this
giuseppe bambino December 30, 2021

@Anna-BigPicture ,

the problem seems not be solved in the 8.2 version

2021-12-30 15_27_03-Window.png2021-12-30 15_26_40-[ONE-6583] Basic tasks can be shown (unfiltered) when other filters are used on .png

In BigPicture

2021-12-30 15_28_55-BigPicture - AV - Jira Software - Brave.png2021-12-30 15_29_11-BigPicture - AV - Jira Software - Brave.png

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
December 31, 2021

Hi @giuseppe bambino

Yes, you are right. Please be advised that due to technical reasons, the feature will be implemented in BigPicture 8.3 version, planned to be released in the coming weeks.

Once the precise release date is known, I will inform you in this thread.

Like giuseppe bambino likes this
Pieterjan Vanpee April 20, 2022

Hello,

has this issue been solved, because it makes planning really difficult without?

Kind regards

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
April 21, 2022

Hi @Pieterjan Vanpee

The functionality has been implemented, so now you can decide whether filter results should show or not basic tasks. Check the image below. 
image2022-3-24_14-2-5.png

When you select "Show all Basic tasks in results," they will be displayed with the filtered Jira task results.
Pieterjan Vanpee April 25, 2022

Hi @Anna-BigPicture ,

I don't see this option:

image.png

We are using version 8.2.2 of Bigpicture on JIRA Server. Should I upgrade towards another version or is this feature not available on Server/Datacenter and only in Cloud?

Kind regards,

Vanpee Pieterjan

Like # people like this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
April 27, 2022

Hi @Pieterjan Vanpee

This functionality was implemented in BigPicture 8.3 and is available on both Cloud and Server hosting.

However, I recommend upgrading the app directly to BigPicture 8.4. The version was just released and provides even greater ease of use and more advanced portfolio-level reporting. Here you will find new features Overview.

Important information - make sure you have a full backup before the upgrade.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events