Behaviour Plugin: Basic configuration of Issue Description, Disappears

Ben Honing
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2018

We are re-configuring our issue creation screens and want to prompt the reporter to supply more useful information when they first create a request.

This is the configuration that we have so far (straight from the How-to):

Behaviours configuraion.JPGWhat I'm finding though, is that when I first click 'Create' in Jira, the Configuration flashes once, then disappears and I get the following.

Create view - Actual.JPG

If I then change the 'Issue type' to another option, I get one of the following (at random) description appears then disappears, the WRONG description is shown or the configured description appears.

After a few back and forth between issue types, I eventually get the configured results I want to see on the initial create screen

Create view - Expected .JPG

My main concern is that my Users/Customers will see a blink of what is expected, it'll disappear and then we still don't get the information requested, OR when the wrong description is loaded, we get confused people supplying Information for a Report that was meant to be a Bug.

Any advise or things to check to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Hello @Ben Honing

It seems like you have several behaviours and this may cause situation you have.

If so, you need properly restrict mappings of behaviours.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events