Automation for Jira - No transitions found for user.

Anna Protopapa May 28, 2018

We have an automation rule that checks after any transition if the new status is "Reopened" and is so trigger the transition of the linked issue (from another project) to "To Do"

Actor is a jira user with the permission to edit and transition issues.

The automation fails with error "No transitions found for user. Ensure that the rule actor has permission (including issue security levels) to see issue and perform transitions."

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Anna

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna Protopapa May 30, 2018

The problem wasn't at the automation rule or at the permissions. It was missing the transition form the target issue workflow, going for current status to the new status.

2 votes
Henno Gous August 21, 2018

I received a prompt reply from the developers after asking for support:

"... I have an inkling it may be a recent bug (AUT-1073).

In short, when Jira creates an issue, it is often too quick for its own good. So it is created with bits of information missing. With automation for Jira, we usually put a small delay in to allow Jira time to populate the issue correctly. The bug above is as a result of this.

If this is the case - there is a workaround until we fix this bug. You could insert a 'refetch issue data' action immediately after the trigger. In 'more options' you can manually configure a delay which would solve your problem."

Wade Sturman August 12, 2019

hey @Henno Gous , thanks for posting this! 

I've tried this on my end, and it's still not working (same errors as above).

- I set up the automation to delay for 5 seconds, and then try again. It still didn't transition the issue.

- I added three other fetch rules, just to make sure it wasn't going too fast. (our data center instance is huge, and it's a little slow)

Any other potential things I might be able to do?

Thanks!
Wade

Like # people like this
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2021

@Wade Sturman did you find a solution?

2 votes
Henno Gous August 10, 2018

I am experiencing the same issue, but in my case the workflow does have the correct transitions available.

Has anybody else come across this and been able to find a solution?

Hartwig Kosbab August 21, 2018

I have the same Problem :-/

Adam Hejna June 14, 2021

I was having the same issue and was getting errors (not well explained, to be honest) as well. But I solved it by adding a condition that that current status cannot match the target status which helped.

Like Sharayah Scott likes this
Sharayah Scott June 28, 2021

@Adam HejnaI've also been having this issue, except it's actually transitioning to the correct state, but still giving me that error. Can you share the condition that you ended up adding?

0 votes
Gary Bates October 15, 2019

We had an indexing problem occur in JIRA yesterday. Users were creating duplicate tickets whilst this problem was going on. Some of the duplicate tickets we are able to transition, some of them we cannot (even though they're in the same status and running the same workflow!).

We cannot bulk update the issue in JIRA as it says we cannot transition the issue.

Putting an automation in place in Automation for JIRA gives the error above. So this can be a result of JIRA buggering up an index I think.

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

Hi Anna,

Perhaps the transition you are trying to trigger has some conditions that prevent it from being triggered?

Anna Protopapa May 29, 2018

Hi Ivan,

I use the option to Transition the issue by: "Selecting the destination status". 

There are no conditions in the transition. Also I tried other destination statuses and I still have the same problem.

Regards

Anna

Hartwig Kosbab August 21, 2018

I have no condition either, also the workflow is right and the permissions are set for the user

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events