Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatic update of CMDB

Good day! 

Our company is using CMDB as a great tool to keep track of info about our servers. We are currently inputting all the info by hand, and due to human error or else - mistakes occur, as well as when configuration changes users forget to update CMDB. 
The question is - is there a way to update server unit info like Storage/ram/serial number automatically? Or half-automatic - to physcially press a button to start the script once a week, so it updates all the info. I suppose half-automatic would be best, as it requeres a closed ssh connection to each rack location. 

Attaching a picture of how it looks now. 

Thank you in advance. 

Screenshot 2021-04-05 165737.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

You have a few options:

1. Create your own script to scan your network and acquire the necessary info and then push the data into Insight via the Insight API.
  2. Create your own script to scan your network and acquire the necessary info and then land that info in either a file or database that Insight can then automatically import from. (or if you're really fortunate, that info is in an LDAP repository already and you can pull from there)
  3. Install one of the different Insight Discovery addons https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214668/insight-discovery?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

Here an open source script that you can use as a starting point to load data into CMDB 

https://github.com/WuerthPhoenix/Atlassian-Extension-Scripts/tree/main/load-jsm-cmdb

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

462 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you