Attach Screenshot to Bonfire Session

Tim Watkins August 6, 2013

Hello,

I am using bonfire for test sessions. I want to attach screenshots to my sessions without creating or assigning them to issues. Does bonfire allow this? I cannot find such a feature.

Thanks

Tim

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

Attaching screenshots to issues is the core use caseof Bonfire - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BONFIRE/Taking+screenshots,

But I am aware of no way to attach screenshots directly to a session rather then specific issues.

You may want to expand your use case a bit (i.e. why you want it on the session and not specific issues) and submit an enhancement request at jira.atlassian.com, if many others want it, they may implement it.

I see that I can add screenshots to issues, but my question is related to Test Sessions.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Once a session is started, all screenshots tied to issues will be tied to that session.

a Session has 0-to-many Issues has 0-to-Many screenshots

Tim Watkins August 7, 2013

Can I attach screenshots directly to sessions though? No issues invloved.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2013

Understand now, and updated your question a bit to clarify that point. I am aware of no way to attach screenshots directly to a session rather then specific issues.

You may want to expand your use case a bit (i.e. why you want it on the session and not specific issues) and submit an enhancement request at jira.atlassian.com, if many others want it, they may implement it.

0 votes
Mark Tolfts September 11, 2014

I agree, it's madness that JIRA Capture Test Sessions don't support adding attachments.

0 votes
Deleted user March 4, 2014

I would like to add to this too.

I am conducting a trial of JiraCapture and Test sessions. For exploratory testing and audit purposes, it makes perfect sense to want to capture screenshots and annotate them to Test Sessions. I would welcome this fuctionality being extended to Test sessions as it is too limited being tied to issues only

Are there any plans or workarounds for this?

Regards

0 votes
Manju Kolar October 28, 2013

it would be nice to add screenshots to the test session itself, so it clearly shows that the test session passed

0 votes

Either. I have figured out adding screenshots to Issues, but not to Test Sessions.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2013

Manual screenshots not take via the browser plugin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events