Assigning resources in a Gantt chart structure

Marc Dahinden December 13, 2022

Hello community

What I want to do:
I like to assign resources to a cutover task and do not know where to maintain the resources.

Objective & purpose:
I like to see the capacity load per resource and which resource is assign to a cutover task in a Gantt structure.

Anyone having an idea where to maintain the resource, assign to a cutover task so that I can see it in the Gantt diagram?

Thanks for your inputs to my question.

Marc

3 answers

1 vote
David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hello @Marc Dahinden ,

What product are you using to create your Gantt chart?

Best,
David

David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hello @Marc Dahinden ,

Do you mean Structure by Tempo: Project Portfolio Management for Jira, and it’s extension Stucture.Gantt-Gantt Charts & Roadmaps for Jira?

Sorry, I'm not sure what is meant by standard Jira structure app.

Best,
David

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Marc Dahinden December 16, 2022

Hello David

I found in one of the Atlassian videos that there is the possibility to assign resources to tasks.
Please check the Atlassian video, time 01:38.
https://youtu.be/JCGkF_O5k4U
I hope this helps to understand my question better.

Thanks, Marc

David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2022

Hello @Marc Dahinden ,

Thank you, that does help my understanding!

The first thing you will want to do is open the Gantt Configuration, and make your way to the Resource Configuration section.  There, you will define what the Gantt Chart should use as it's resource value.

Once you've saved the configuration, it will pick up the value entered in the field.  If you want to change the resource, you just need to change the value in that field.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
David

0 votes
Marc Dahinden December 16, 2022

Hello David

I found in one of the Atlassian videos that there is the possibility to assign resources to tasks.
Please check the Atlassian video, time 01:38.
https://youtu.be/JCGkF_O5k4U
I hope this helps to understand my question better.

Thanks, Marc

0 votes
Marc Dahinden December 14, 2022

Hello David

I am using the standard JIRA structure app.

Best,

Marc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events