Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Any way to add "Reply" to comments in JIRA

Hello,

I am setting up a cloud version and I noticed that I don't have any way to show up reply or nested comments in cloud version. for my server version we added Threaded comment plugin but that's not available in Cloud version. 

Is there any other plugin which supports cloud version? if not, what are the best way to handle comments? 

Thanks,

2 answers

1 vote
dtarbox I'm New Here Sep 06, 2022

Threaded comments are such a baseline requirement for a functional enterprise implementation. I won't try to minimize the work to do this but, seriously, why on earth would you ignore the thousands of requests to add this feature for EIGHTEEN years?

I'll be honest. We were all voluntold to use Jira. It was not my choice. Every work management system I have ever used (and some were far less established than Atlassian) had threaded comments. 

Do you even care about your users?

1 vote

Hi @Yudi J ,

Thanks for reaching out and I found the add-on Multithreaded Comments in the marketplace that looks like the only cloud add-on with this capability avaliable that I could locate, but it does look like it has what you are looking for as a cloud compatible option, the marketplace listing can be viewed here:

Also, for the native options as you noted are not avaliable, but do make sure to add a vote to the following request to add this in as a native option (cloud and server respectively), where we are tracking continued interest for this.  Do note that the feature has been around for a while and was last updated noting it is not something we will be adding in the near future but every vote help us track continued interest in future planning for new features as covered in the "Implementation of New Features Policy" :

Regards,
Earl

So, you don't develop this quite basic feature, so you make money from selling the add-ons.

I recommend you to deprecate the reply feature in Confluence, too. This way, you will make money there as well.

The above ticket turned 18 years old :D 

The last atlassian feedback was 5 years ago.

Like # people like this
sock I'm New Here Sep 23, 2022

ironic how we can reply to comments on the community forum but not in jira issues.

Like Peter Hinds likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events