Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Adding projects to an existing listener programmatically...

This is a SCRIPTRUNNER FOR JIRA question...

I have a listener on the issue created event that needs to be applied to a large list (300+) of projects in specific categories.  Our instance has 1,000s of project so doing this manually would be very tedious.  And no, I can't make it global as the logic is specific to these projects.

Is it possible to programmatically add projects to an existing listener?  Are there any Java classes available to modify a listener and are they documented somewhere?

1 answer

0 votes

You could do it with SR, yes, but you'd need to know the Scriptrunner API because you'll be making calls to update stuff handled inside SR.

It might actually be easier to 

1) Add some code to the beginning of the listener, some that looks at the project (and maybe other data?) for the issue in the event and decides whether to proceed or not.

2) Remove all the current "work for project x", so that the listener runs for every project

i.e. move the decision to code which you have easier access to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Marketplace Partner Spotlight: AppLiger

This month the spotlight is on AppLiger. We caught up with Pavel Pavlovsky, CEO and Product Manager, to learn how the company started and what fuels the team's creativity.    Atlassian:...

388 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you