Adding projects to an existing listener programmatically...

Dominic Giroux June 9, 2022

This is a SCRIPTRUNNER FOR JIRA question...

I have a listener on the issue created event that needs to be applied to a large list (300+) of projects in specific categories.  Our instance has 1,000s of project so doing this manually would be very tedious.  And no, I can't make it global as the logic is specific to these projects.

Is it possible to programmatically add projects to an existing listener?  Are there any Java classes available to modify a listener and are they documented somewhere?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

You could do it with SR, yes, but you'd need to know the Scriptrunner API because you'll be making calls to update stuff handled inside SR.

It might actually be easier to 

1) Add some code to the beginning of the listener, some that looks at the project (and maybe other data?) for the issue in the event and decides whether to proceed or not.

2) Remove all the current "work for project x", so that the listener runs for every project

i.e. move the decision to code which you have easier access to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events