Add HelpText (hyperlink)

Margo Verameyenka June 5, 2024

Hello!

Is there any way to add this HelpText (hyperlink) the top of the field instead of the bottom? 2024-06-05 18 46 44.jpg

3 answers

1 vote
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2024

Hi @Margo Verameyenka

To answer your question, this is not doable.

The display of your help text depends on your Jira version there is no simple way to move it above the field.

Also, the setHelpText method is deprecated. You must replace it with setDescription.

Please refer to the latest ScriptRunner Behaviour API reference for more information.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2024

Hi @Margo Verameyenka  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it's not feasible to set HelpText above the field.

You can try one thing, set HelpText for the above field, put <br> tag.

Maybe I don't need to use method "HelpText". I don't now (
Anyway I need to put the link on top of the field? Is there such a possibility?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

@Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_  Hi Ram, kindly help @Margo Verameyenka  in scriptrunner behaviour. I am not sure how to put field description or helptext at the top of the field. 

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

@Margo Verameyenka  Ram is Scriptrunner expert, he'll help you out. 

Like Margo Verameyenka likes this
Margo Verameyenka June 6, 2024

@Vikrant Yadav 

How can I contact him?

0 votes

I'm using behaviour:

if (getActionName() == "Done") {
     getFieldById("customfield_18201").setHelpText("<a href=\"https://link\">Feedback rules</a>")
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events